Triple R Inc./JUST ASK BOB
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES-CANADA
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited. The Contest is open to Canadian residents only and only in the province of Ontario and is governed by Canadian law and the laws of the Province of Ontario.
1. CONTEST PERIOD:
The Contest begins on November 1st, 2023 09:00:00 Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends on Tuesday, April 30, 2024 at 23:59:59 EST (the “Contest Period”). Only one (1) Entry (defined below) is permitted per Entrant during the Contest Period.
The Contest is open to residents of Ontario Canada who are currently located in Ontario Canada and, at the time of entry and if applicable, the awarding of the Prize (defined below), have (I) reached the legal age of (18) in their province of Ontario Canada. They will be bound by these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Official Rules”). Despite the foregoing, employees, representatives or agents of Triple R Inc./Just Ask Bob (the “Sponsor”), its parent, affiliated and related companies, their respective advertising/promotion agencies, the Contest administrators, Triple R Inc./Just Ask Bob, or any other service providers related to the Contest (including any other person living in the same household of such person whether related or not) (collectively, the “Contest Parties”), are not eligible to enter or participate nor win a Prize (defined below) in the Contest. Groups, clubs, organizations, businesses, and commercial/non-commercial entities cannot participate collectively. Entrants must be individuals.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
To enter the Contest, during the Contest Period an Entrant must subscribe to our newsletter via this website. An Entry will be considered to be void (and an Entry will not be granted) if the Entry: (I) is incomplete or illegible; (ii) is not submitted and received during the Contest Period in accordance with these Official Rules (including without limitation the Submission Requirements listed below in rule (4). The Releases (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries (all of which are void). Your subscription to our newsletter must remain active and not become unsubscribed during the Contest Period in order to be eligible for the Draw. All Entries and Entrants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification.
4. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
By subscribing to our newsletter, you warrant and represent that the Entry complies with all conditions stated in these Official Rules. The Releases will bear no legal liability regarding the use of an Entry you submit. The Releases shall be indemnified and held harmless by each Entrant from any loss or claim in connection with such Entrant’s violation of, or non-compliance with, these Official Rules.
By participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees to be legally bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretation of these Official Rules by the Sponsor and further warrants and represents that:
- the Entry submitted is original to the Entrant and the Entrant has all necessary rights in and to the Entry (including without limitation the Post and any related copy) to submit it in connection with the Contest;
- the Entry submitted does not violate any law;
iii. the Entry submitted does not contain any reference to any competitors of the Sponsor;
- the Entry submitted does not contain any identifiable third parties trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others unless consent has been obtained from each such corporation;
- the Entry submitted is not negative or disparaging of the Sponsor, its products, services or personnel; and
- the Entry submitted will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party (including intellectual property rights, personality rights or any other related rights), or give rise to any claims whatsoever; and is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups; content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of the Sponsor; any identifiable third party products, trademarks, brands and/or logos, other than those of Sponsor; conduct or other activities in violation of these Official Rules; and/or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
By entering the Contest and submitting an Entry, each Entrant, grants to the Sponsor in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, communicate to the public by telecommunication, make available, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use their Entry, in whole or in part, for administering, advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to their Entry in favour of the Releases; and (iii) agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, officers, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Releases”) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other cause of action that relate in any way to the Entry. For greater certainty, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time during the Contest, to modify, edit or disqualify any Entry if a complaint is received with respect to the Entry, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the Entry and/or the associated Entrant. If the Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any Entry does not comply with these Official Rules for any reason at any time, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the Entry and/or the associated Entrant. Entries will NOT be judged.
5. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS:
By submitting an Entry to the Contest as described above, the Entrant (the person who submitted the Entry) agrees to do communicate with the Sponsor electronically and agrees that the act of submitting the Entry to the Contest is a binding form of your electronic signature, which you agree binds you to these Official Rules.
6. THE PRIZE AND ITS APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE:
There are a total of four (4) Prizes to be won in the Contest, each winning prize consisting of one twenty five dollar, Canadian Home Depot Card.
7. WINNER SELECTION:
A total of one (1) random draw (the “Draw”) to select four (4) potential Prize winners (IN TOTAL) from among all eligible Subscribers to our Newsletter (the “Draw Date”). The odds of winning the Prize will depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period.
8. CONTACTING OF POTENTIAL WINNER:
The Sponsor or its designated representative will send the potential Prize winner individual a direct email message and place one phone call to them (the “Notification”) by 6:00 PM (EST) on April 30 2024. The potential Prize winner must respond to the Notification by email within the forty-eight (48) hours after receiving the Notification by following the instructions provided in the Notification. If the potential Prize winner fails to do so, then they will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Prize).
- BEFORE BEING DECLARED THE CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, the potential Prize winner will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and (b) sign and return a Prize release within the timelines specified by the Sponsor, pursuant to which the potential Prize winner: (I) confirms compliance with these Official Rules; (iii) provides the Sponsor or its designated agent with their first and last name, complete mailing address including postal code, email address, date of birth and telephone number; (iv) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (v) assigns all intellectual property, including copyright, in and to their Entry (including the Post) and waives their moral rights therein in favour of the Sponsor; (vi) agrees to indemnify the Releases against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from use of their Entry including, without limitation, any claim that the Entry infringes a proprietary interest of any third party; (vii) releases the Releases from any and all liability in connection with the Contest, their participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (viii) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of their name, photograph, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet, worldwide and in perpetuity. If the potential Prize winner fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, provide the Sponsor with their full contact information, sign and return the Prize release or cannot accept the Prize as awarded for any reason, or otherwise violates these Official Rules (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion), they will be disqualified and will forfeit all rights to the Prize.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
By participating in the Contest, each Entrant: (I) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules; (ii) agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Releases from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other cause of action; and (iii) releases the Releases from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and their participation therein. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THE LETTER AND/OR SPIRIT OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
The Releases will not be liable for: (I) any failure of any website or social platform during the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, social platforms, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Entry to be received for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, social platform or mobile network; (iv) any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above.
An Entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that they are the authorized winner.
The Sponsor reserves the right, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Official Rules) in any way, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules including, without limitation, any error, problem, computer virus, social platform error, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or failure of any kind whatsoever. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the, to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Official Rules, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason, and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct a random draw from amongst all eligible Entries received.
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of the Contest are final and binding on all Entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entrants and/or Entries.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: website and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, and/or any instructions or interpretations of these Official Rules given by any representative of the Sponsor; the terms and conditions of these English Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants, Sponsor or any of the other the Releases in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The parties hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Ontario in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Official Rules or relating to the Contest.
Triple R Inc./Just Ask Bob.